05 January 2007

McDonalds


Buying an ice-cream is not the easiest thing to do here. For some unknown reason I decided to break my boycott and enter Mcdonalds. I asked for an ice-cream in my best (read dreadful) Spanish and was immediately confronted by 3 smiling youths. Youth 1 said "vanilla or chocolate", youth 2 trying to be helpful said "white or brown" and youth 3 ingeniously said "maybe a combination". I settled on a combination. The three stooges scurried away only to return after 5 minutes to tell me that they did not have a combination. I asked which one they didn´t have as I would then have the other and they replied "we don´t have combination, do you want white or brown", I asked them how I can still have white or brown if I coudn´t have a combination of the two. They looked baffled - so I asked them to give me any ice-cream. In the end I think it was dulce de leche which wasn´t any of the original choices!

2 comments:

Pixie said...

Continue the boycotting! But they seem sweet. And you as funny as ever.

Pixie said...

Continue the boycotting! But they seem sweet. And you as funny as ever.