10 January 2007

Sad Day!


It was a sad day today as it was the last lesson with Carolina Calas. The teacher assigned the unenviable task of transforming this elephant with two left feet into a bailarina slash milonguero. I am not sure if the mission was accomplished but at least this elephant is a bit more agile and elegant on the dancefloor and I am forever grateful for the patience, hardwork, expertise and perserverance that Caro showed me.
I will miss laughing at her vocabulary slip-ups i.e, calling toes - fingers, and her inventive ways to describe tango moves i.e, picardia (mischief)
I will miss her saying hoppla as I mess up and the word Essoooooooooooooooooooo (the Es is said as I do a good move but the last syllable ooooooooo is stretched as she realised I cocked it up at the end).
I will miss the agua tonica.
I will miss the terrible sad lyrics of the tango that was in the middle of the CD that we always fast forwarded.
I will miss the words Muy Bien, Eso, Mejor, Mucho Mejor, the words that became a little more frequent towards the end.
Now I am on my own and have to work on all the things to make them work in the dance, practise makes perfect.
Muchas Gracias Caro yo estoy en deuda con tu siempre!
http://www.estudiocalas.com.ar/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS A LOT FOR THIS COMENTS!!!
I AM VERY HAPPY TO READ THIS AND FOR SURE WAS A GOOD WORK. I LL HOPE THE GIRLS THAT DANCE WITH YOU CAN SAY THE SAME! THANK A LOT FOR BEING A GREAT STUDENT. PLEASE NO MORE ELEPHANT. THE PAGE IS BEAUTIFULL VERY FUN! SEE YOU NEXT TIME, LOTS OF KISSES FROM CARO.
SALUTE (CHEERS)WITH AGUA TONICA!
CARO CALAS FROM BS. AS.

Simon said...

Believe it or not many of the girls are pleased with the new Simon dancer, here is an e-mail quote from one of them:

"Thanks for the dance last night!! I thought you were good before, but now, what can I say? Stunning! You're a proffs now! I really hope you still want to dance with me, even now when you'll have a line of women hanging after you att all prakticas and milongas.Looking forward to next time already!!"

The Swedish girls are a little easier to please than the Argentinian girls :)

Pedro said...

Loved reading your post about dance lessons with Caro.

I took private Tango lessons with her last April, and it was a very sad departure for me to leave her classes at the end of my vacation.

Reading your post reminded me of all her fun phrases and expressions during the lessons...

I can't wait to go back to BsAs for more improvements of my Tango... Caro taught me a lot, and helped me become more secure with my dancing and more stable on the dancefloor... my posture is now better even when I am just walking down the street as I am more aware of my posture, remembering Caro's words every day.

Keep up the Tango! :)